Monday, September 29, 2008
Coppell’s Oaktober Fest looks like fun
... judging by these pictures from last year that they sent to our attention.
Coppell Special Events Coordinator Sherri Lewis is earning her keep this week by getting the word out about her fair city's forthcoming fall festival.
Dubbed "Oaktober Fest," the one-day event (Oct. 18 from 5 - 10 p.m., at Andy Brown Park) sort of attempts to fill the conceptual and temporal divide between Oktoberfest and Halloween.
(O.K., I'm stretching a point, but I have to put in a certain amount of text here to balance out these cool photos that Sherri sent along from last year's festivities.)
As you can see, there will be hot air balloon rides (tethered, one presumes, otherwise there'd only be one go at them); a pumpkin patch; and a mini-train for the kids to ride on.
In addition, there'll be a laser light show, and the Emerald City Band will be on hand to - you know - do the sort of thing that bands always do in such situations, which is to play music.
There'll be a rock wall (for climbing), bounce houses (for bouncing) and oak tree seedlings (for planting).
For more information, direct your browser here and look under Special Events; or call the Parks and Rec Dept. at 972-462-5100.
posted by JM
- More than you wanted to know about breastaurant reality show Big Tips Texas
- "Freedom Writer" Darrius Garrett will sign memoir in Lewisville
- Witness helped police arrest man accused of stealing drugs from Walgreens
- Vista Ridge Mall throws back-to-school party August 24
- Lightning caused fire that completely destroyed home in Coppell