Friday, April 3, 2009
Plano Clark High School student dies after weightlifting workout
Zachary Schrah, a sophomore, was listed as a member of the junior varsity football team.
Clark High School sophomore Zachary Schrah was working out with weights at Plano East Senior High School on Thursday (April 2) when he collapsed; CPR was attempted before he was transported to the hospital, but to no avail; Zachary died while concerned fellow students stood by.
Zachary was a member of the Clark High junior varsity team; a fellow student reported that he'd been playing football since second grade.
The workout in which Zachary was engaged was not a part of the prescribed athletic department regimen, it appears.
posted by JM
- Investigation finds Hunt Elementary coach emailed student three years prior to arrest
- Southfork's "Ewing Sunset Dinner" lets you love like J.R. and Sue Ellen
- Illegal dental office shut down in Plano
- Zig Ziglar's memorial service on Saturday will be streamed live online
- Plano police still looking for motive in apparent east Plano murder