Friday, April 17, 2009
Ex-owners of properties bordering SMU seek to compel George W. to testify
They want to know what he knew (about the presidential library plans) and when he knew it. By golly.
Two former owners of property acquired by Southern Methodist University are suing the school because they claim the university failed to disclose their pre-existing intent to build the George W. Bush Presidential Library on the site.
In order to prove their claim, they want to compel former President George W. Bush to testify on the matter. Today, a state district judge is expected to rule on whether the ex-pres will be legally obligated to do so.
Since George W. is not disposed to depose, the chances of it happening are pretty dang remote.
posted by JM
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- New Lower Greenville restaurant HG Sply Co. takes inspiration from Paleo Diet
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center