Sunday, August 2, 2009
State Highway 161 between 183 in Irving and I-30 in Grand Prairie now open
Creating yet another, if more remote, loop around the city of Dallas.
The Texas 161 toll road between 183 in Irving and Interstate 30 in Grand Prairie is open.
The road is an all-electronic toll road and an extension of the President George Bush Turnpike. If you take it from Arlington all the way to Garland where it currently ends, it's about 40 miles and costs either $4.28 for those with TollTags or $6.13 for those without. Construction continues with an extension from I-30 to I-20.
Posted by T.G.
See more stories in:
- Black Lab mix lost in Grand Prairie
- UPDATED: HOV lanes operate on special hours for Rangers home games July 1-10
- HOV lane on I-30 will have special operating hours for Rangers games this weekend
- Photo gallery: Wake Skating Contest at Joe Pool Lake (September 4)
- Restaurant review: Panda Express in Arlington