Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants and bars open on Christmas Day
Bookmark this list of places that'll serve you food and drink during these holiday times.
If Christmas Day arrives and you still haven't figured out what you're having for dinner (or breakfast, for that matter), you definitely have options. Click on the links to find out more information about the what, the when, and the how much.
Lunch / dinner
- Sevy's Grill
- Canary Cafe
- Charlie Palmer
- Citrus Bistro
- Taj Mahal
- St. Martin's Wine Bistro
- Old Warsaw
- Mansion brunch - and dinner
The holiday bar scene is no longer the wasteland it was back in the '90s, when it seemed like the only place you could buy a cocktail was the Inwood Lounge. Out of the 40 or so bars surveyed, 39 said they were open, and that included everyone from the Lakewood Landing to the Libertine Bar to yes, the Inwood Lounge.
Most of the bars open on Christmas Day will open later, like at 7 or 8 p.m.
The surprise is that, while most bars are open on Christmas Day, many close on Christmas Eve. We sort it out, with highlights, below:
* On Christmas night, Barbara's Pavillion will host a "pajama karaoke party" at 9 p.m.; they open at 6.
Open on Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day
* Amsterdam Bar in Expo Park
* Frankie's Sports Bar & Grill in Uptown
* The Ginger Man is open until 7 p.m. on Xmas Eve and then on Christmas Day.
Open on Christmas Eve OR Christmas Day (but not both)
* Knox St Pub will be open on Xmas Eve but is still unsure about Xmas Day.
* Meridian Room: open Xmas Day, but closed Xmas Eve.