Thursday, February 5, 2009 , Updated 11:40 a.m., February 5, 2009
UPDATED: N9NE Steakhouse in Dallas’ Victory Park
appears to have closed Wednesday night
Another death knell for the troubled Victory Park.
DALLAS N9NE Steakhouse in Dallas' Victory Park appears to have closed, as hinted at on Backtalk and confirmed by two other mysterious related sources -- neither of which was infamous publicist Wade Hampton (whose approach to bad news seems to be to stop answering his phone).
Employees were informed at the end of the dinner shift on Wednesday night, and reportedly went to other restaurants and bars in the area to drown their sorrows.
UPDATE: The closure has been confirmed further by an unnamed employee.
Publicist Wade Hampton speaks: "I'll be putting out a release in a couple of hours, but I'm not sure there's much to add," he says. "This is not a complicated thing: The response to our concept in the neighborhood was not working. But I feel like we were probably more ambitious about sticking around than most people would have been. I think this is sad for Dallas."
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair