Sunday, February 22, 2009
George W. actually shows up at Dallas’ Elliott’s Hardware
... and joked about taking them up on their job offer. HAHA! Haha. (He was joking, right?)
According to CNN, George W. "Ex-president" Bush actually showed up at Elliott's Hardware on Saturday in response to the part-time position offering put forth by Elliott's president Kyle Walters on Feb. 5.
Sadly, Mr. Walters was out of town on Saturday (Uh huh - SURE you were, Kyle), and thus was unable to converse in person with the former chief executive of the U.S. of A., and perhaps up the hourly wage offer.
As Kyle says in regard to the greeter position, "I guess it pays less than what he has been making."
Plus, there's those pesky Secret Service agents to think about - they'd probably have to frisk everybody who came in to buy a screwdriver.
(There's also a fertilizer joke to be made here, but you're not going to hear it from me.)
George W. shows up at Elliott's Hardware
posted by JM
- Wing Bucket to open in Downtown Dallas, with PB&J wings on menu
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Design District's new bowling alley offers cheap play and craft beer