Friday, February 27, 2009
Dallas County probation bust yields cheese heroin makings
The perp in this story was operating in close proximity to an elementary school.
You've just gotta love this headline, which - um - "smacks" of the finest traditions of hard-boiled crime reportage (and fiction), with its mention of a "cheese den" and all.
Acting on a tip, Dallas County Constables located and arrested Hugo S. Hernandez on a probation violation, and in the course of the arrest discovered heroin and other cheese-making ingredients in his possession. The tip indicated that Mr. Hernandez might have been selling the illegal, addictive and dangerous drug in the vicinity of Cesar Chavez Elementary School.
Not sure how the "den" comes into play, but it sure makes for great dramatic copy.
posted by JM
- Little Elm welcomes new Calloway's Nursery
- UPDATED: Frisco police investigate suspicious string of five house fires
- Wake boarding company opens Little Elm location on July 6
- Photos: North Texans catch some air at Little Elm's new wakeboarding park
- Little Elm High School to issue laptops to seniors November 1