Monday, January 5, 2009
George Bush’s post-presidency return to Dallas will be pretty cushy
And it's all on our dime.
Our taxpayer dollars will ensure that when President George Bush leaves the White House, his return to Dallas will be pretty comfy. He'll get a Dallas office suite and staffers, Secret Service protection, medical coverage, travel budget, and an annual pension of $196,700.
The office and staff he gets for the rest of his life. But he'll get Secret Service protection for only for 10 years -- the first president not to get it for life.
Posted by T.G.
See more stories in:
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Photos: $19.5 million manse features secret wine cellar and sprawling backyard, all in Dallas proper
- Dallas real estate hits new high with $19.5M listing
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Michael Jenkins sells luxury condo en route to Oakland
- Photos: Brenden Morrow's University Park home up for sale for nearly $5 million