Friday, January 9, 2009
Dallas area Jewish centers warned to tighten their security
Events occurring in the Middle East threaten to affect the situation locally.
A crime bulletin issued by the Dallas Police Department warns that the violence occurring in the Middle East might translate into activities directed against North Texas Jewish facilities.
About 40 facilities around Dallas are specifically identified in the report, which notes that incidents of suspicious surveillance have already been reported in other U.S. cities.
Any threat is expected to come from lone individuals, as opposed to organized groups; many local facilities are already very security-conscious.
posted by JM
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Do SMU students still care about Aaron Carter?
- Joel Harloff is new executive chef at Battuto in Dallas
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million
- Concert review: Third annual Gorilla vs. Bear festival in Dallas hits hip-hop home run