Friday, January 9, 2009
Dallas area Jewish centers warned to tighten their security
Events occurring in the Middle East threaten to affect the situation locally.
A crime bulletin issued by the Dallas Police Department warns that the violence occurring in the Middle East might translate into activities directed against North Texas Jewish facilities.
About 40 facilities around Dallas are specifically identified in the report, which notes that incidents of suspicious surveillance have already been reported in other U.S. cities.
Any threat is expected to come from lone individuals, as opposed to organized groups; many local facilities are already very security-conscious.
posted by JM
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- President of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it