Friday, January 9, 2009
Dallas area Jewish centers warned to tighten their security
Events occurring in the Middle East threaten to affect the situation locally.
A crime bulletin issued by the Dallas Police Department warns that the violence occurring in the Middle East might translate into activities directed against North Texas Jewish facilities.
About 40 facilities around Dallas are specifically identified in the report, which notes that incidents of suspicious surveillance have already been reported in other U.S. cities.
Any threat is expected to come from lone individuals, as opposed to organized groups; many local facilities are already very security-conscious.
posted by JM
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- First look: Cafe 43 at Bush library eviscerates all notions of "museum dining"