Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Polyphonic Spree’s Tim DeLaughter wrote theme song for new Showtime series United States of Tara
DeLaughter and his wife Julie Doyle will attend the premiere on Tuesday at the Magnolia Theatre in the West Village.
Tim DeLaughter, founder of Polyphonic Spree, wrote the theme song for new Showtime series United States of Tara, the dark comedy starring Toni Collette that was created and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg.
The series will debut on Showtime on January 18. But to ramp up the hype, Showtime launched a campaign wherein the first two half-hour episodes are being screened at movie theaters in 25 cities. The Los Angeles premiere was Monday night, which DeLaughter and his wife Julie Doyle attended. They'll also attend the Dallas premiere tonight (Tuesday), at 7 p.m. at the Magnolia Theatre in West Village.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling