Saturday, July 4, 2009
Kristen Blair of Southlake crowned Miss Texas 2009 on Friday at UT Arlington
Blair, who competed as Miss North Texas, sang an aria from a Puccini opera.
ARLINGTON The new Miss Texas for 2009 is 22-year-old Kristen Blair of Southlake, who competed as Miss North Texas.
The final evening of competition for the state's beauty queen crown took place at Texas Hall at the University of Texas at Arlington on Friday night (July 3). Blair performed a Puccini aria ("Nessunn Dorma" from Turandot, specifically), while other competitors resorted to (it says here) "ventriloquism, baton-twirling, dancing and singing."
Man, I would love to have seen that ventriloquist act.
Take a gander of this photo coverage of the pageant on the Miss Fort Worth site.
posted by JM
- UPDATEDx2: George Strait may end farewell tour at AT&T Stadium in Arlington June 7, 2014
- Jerry World sets sights global rodeo domination
- UT-Arlington will exhibit rare JFK photographs
- Really? The video screen at Jerry World is a "breathtakingly bad" idea?
- Are you ready for some football? Dallas Cowboys' kick off in free-to-the-public practice