Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Dallas ISD to provide free lunch and snacks during summer to Dallas youth
Summer Food Program will run from June 8 through August 7.
DALLAS The Dallas Independent School District’s Food and Child Nutrition Services, in conjunction with the United States Department of Agriculture, the Texas Department of Agriculture, and the Summer Food Sites, will provide free lunch and snacks to Dallas children and youth, ages one through 18, at any of the more than 90 sites throughout the city.
The purpose of the Summer Food Program, which will run from June 8 through August 7, with the exception of July 3, is to ensure the youth and mentally or physically challenged adults throughout Dallas will not go without proper nutrition during the summer months.
Dallas ISD and the United States Department of Agriculture, the Texas Department of Agriculture, and the Summer Food Sites will kick-off the Summer Food Program at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 10, at the Oak Cliff YMCA, 6701 S. Hampton Road.
Among the participating sites are:
● Bonnieview Park 2100 Huntington
● Girls Inc. Oak Cliff 350 N. Zang Blvd.
● YMCA at White Rock 7301 Gaston Ave.
● Park South YMCA 2500 Romine Ave.
● Mooreland Family YMCA 907 East Ledbetter
● Salvation Army 8341 Elam Rd.
● Casa Linda Park 1500 San Saba
● Oak Cliff YMCA 6701 S. Hampton Rd.
● East Dallas Boys & Girls Club 4804 Worth Street
For more information and site locations, call (214) 932-5500.