Friday, June 19, 2009
Southlake man thinks he was tricked, overcharged by Ticketmaster subsidiary
His $27 Jonas Brothers tics each ended up costing him close to $70.
TicketsNow is a subsidiary of Ticketmaster. It's basically a reseller of tickets for sold-out shows. But, according to Southlake resident John Beeck, he was redirected (unbeknownst to him) to the TicketsNow site when he was trying to buy tickets from Ticketmaster for this Saturday's Jonas Brothers concert at the new Cowboys Stadium.
Pointing out that the tickets ended up costing him about $70 apiece when regular show tickets through Ticketmaster would have cost him considerably less ($27 plus service and delivery fee), Beeck concluded that he'd been scammed, price gouged or both.
The TicketsNow spokesperson claims the links from Ticketmaster to their site were severed before the date that Beeck bought his tickets to the (at that time) "unsold out" Jonas Brothers concert.
posted by JM
- Dessert review: Forget swimsuit season and indulge in Milwaukee Joe's Gourmet Ice Cream
- Photos: A glimpse into recently departed Pat Summerall's stunning Southlake home
- Police still searching for escaped felon in Grapevine
- Restaurant review: Tiny Cake Shop Cupcakes will have you begging to turn the car around for more
- UPDATED: Ginger Man to open branch in Southlake
in AugustSeptember 24