Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Sharon Hage at York Street in Dallas gets another James Beard nomination
It's her fifth.
DALLAS The James Beard Foundation announced the nominees for the 2009 James Beard Foundation Awards and Sharon Hage of York Street was one of five finalists for "Best Chef: Southwest" (a span that includes AZ, CO, NM, NV, OK, TX, and UT). She's up against Paul Bartolotta of Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare at Wynn Las Vegas; Ryan Hardy, of Montagna at the Little Nell in Aspen, CO; Claude Le Tohic of Joël Robuchon at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas; and Andrew Weissman of Le Rêve in San Antonio.
Other Texas action was in the "Magazine Feature Writing Without Recipes" category where Patricia Sharpe and the staff members of Texas Monthly were nominated for the magazine's feature on "The Top 50 BBQ Joints in Texas". If they win, does that mean they'll all get their own little awards and cluster on stage like the cast and crew of Slumdog Millionaire did at the Academy Awards?
Posted by T.G.
- DFW reality TV stars to perform in Dallas Arboretum series
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Travel expert Rick Steves makes trip to Dallas in December