Monday, May 11, 2009
Fort Worth’s Rahr & Sons Brewery releasing Summertime Wheat this weekend
This locally brewed German Hefeweizen is a "refreshing, lightly hopped ale [with] unique banana and clove-like characteristics."
Photo by Flickr user whiskeyboytx
The Rahr & Sons Brewery is releasing their Summertime Wheat just in time for, you guessed it, Christmas, er, summer. Summertime Wheat is a German Hefeweizen that, according to the site, is a "refreshing, lightly hopped ale [with] unique banana and clove-like characteristics. It is unfiltered so the yeast character comes through with a light but full body." This 5.5% ABV beer won Best in Class at the United States Beer Tasting Championships in 2007.
This Saturday's tour and tasting event will feature new Summertime Wheat kegs. Bottles should be showing up soon in stores around town.
Of course, because of Texas law, you cannot buy bottles from the brewery itself. Perhaps you write a representative or something and make sure this gets changed.
Posted by Erin
See more stories in:
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Video: Throwback drive-in movie theater now open in Fort Worth
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs
- Opera review: Fort Worth Opera's world premiere of Glory Denied proves a haunting and evocative tribute to the Vietnam era