Friday, May 22, 2009
Possible “sexting” incident causes stir at Dallas elementary school
Child pornography charges could be forthcoming.
A 12-year-old boy had his cell phone confiscated when it kept buzzing during a test in a class at Wallace Elementary School in the Lake Highlands neighborhood of Dallas. (Confusingly, it is also in the Richardson Independent School District - but who's counting?)
When his teacher looked at the text messages on the boy's phone, she discovered nude pictures of what seemed to be an underage girl.
If it's discovered that the girl pictured is underage, the boy would face child pornography charges; if it's also determined that the girl sent her pictures to the boy (in a practice known colloquially as "sexting"), she could be charged with distributing.
posted by JM
- Photos: Former Dallas Cowboy Bob Breunig's cozy estate for sale at $1.2 million
- Review: White Rock Coffee infuses passion with every cup
- Photos: Fins up! Fans pack into Dallas theater to see Sharknado
- Lucky Layla suburban farm produces dairy that predates additives
- Photos: Quaint Lake Highlands home looking for hip-pocket buyer