Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Cupcakery to open second branch in Uptown Dallas, planning to serve bubbly, too
First branch in the area opened in Frisco in 2008.
DALLAS The Cupcakery, the Las Vegas-spawned cupcake bakery founded by Jacksboro native Pamela Jenkins, is opening a branch on McKinney Avenue in Dallas' Uptown district. It's going into small strip center at McKinney and Pearl, in the space vacated by Tempest Tea.
Like the original branch in Frisco which opened in October 2008, this branch will be a bakery that specializes in cupcakes. However, UNlike the Frisco location, this branch also plans to offer a small selection of wines by the glass such as champagne and dessert wine, according to an employee at the Frisco branch.
It's slated to open in early June.
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville