Thursday, May 28, 2009
Senior at Prince of Peace Christian School in Carrollton earns school’s first college football scholarship
Caleb Weiss will play at the NAIA Concordia University, Nebraska.
Prince of Peace Christian School (POPCS) senior, Caleb Weiss (Carrollton), signed a national letter of intent to play National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) in football and baseball at the Concordia University, Nebraska.
“Caleb’s signing is monumental for Prince of Peace,” said Chris Hahn, Prince of Peace Christian School, Headmaster. “He is the first football scholarship signee from our two-year program. It speaks volumes about our players, their families and our staff. We look forward to keeping up with his collegiate accomplishments.”
Weiss of Carrollton (75006) has been a student at POPCS since 2008. His accomplishments include All-State first team punter; All-District first team punter; All-District second team linebacker; and All-District honorable mention running back.
“I have worked very hard to get to this level of play. Now that I have reached it, I will only work harder,” said Weiss. “This program has been exciting to watch. We’re young, but we are a solid team and have grown into a group of players that are committed to excellence.”
Weiss will study secondary education at Concordia. While at POPCS he was also part of the Eagles track and soccer teams.
Source: VGS Marketing
- Firefighters battle paper fire in 100-degree weather
- Theater review: Accompany a father on a journey between religion and culture in Fiddler on the Roof
- Police seek information about July 6 fatality on I-35E in Carrollton
- Photos: Volkswagens compete for "best display of rust" and "best survivor"
- Odd man out: Tales of getting turned down during The Real World audition in Dallas