Monday, October 12, 2009
Photo gallery: “A Taste of Swiss” home tour and tasting in Dallas
Participants "traveled" to Brazil, Italy, India, and Turkey, while keeping their feet planted firmly on the ground.
On Saturday October 10, lucky attendees of the "A Taste of Swiss" home and cuisine tour divided into four groups and prepared to embark on a delightful globetrotting odyssey -- while remaining firmly grounded in Old East Dallas.
Arrivals were presented with a "passport," which was stamped at each of the four historic Swiss Avenue homes on their travel agenda.
Groups rotated through homes representing (and featuring cuisine from) Turkey, Brazil, Italy, and India. Each home featured a plaque displaying the history of the house, and special festive greetings were the norm.
The "A Taste of Swiss" event benefits the Friends of Buckner Park.
Information submitted by Elliott Muñoz
- Dude. Granada books Big Lebowski's Jeff Bridges for concert in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Seafood restaurant Palapas opens on Greenville Ave with two big patios
- UPDATED: Former Top Chef contestant Danyele McPherson is moving south on Greenville Ave