Friday, October 16, 2009
Fort Worth’s The T to hold hearing Oct. 27 on proposed bus service changes for January
There are five proposed changes that will be under discussion.
The T will hold a public hearing to receive comments on bus service changes proposed for January 2010 to better align route service with rider use, and to present new service for the Como community in West Fort Worth. The hearing will be on Tuesday, October 27 at 6 p.m. at the Intermodal Transportation Center.
Proposed bus service changes:
*Eliminate Route 16 – West Rosedale/Montgomery due to low ridership.
*Create a new peak period route between downtown and Como which would also cover the portion of Montgomery Street previously served by Route 16.
*Change Route 27 – Como frequency from half-hour to hourly during the peak period.
*Extend Route 10 – Bailey to serve Will Rogers Coliseum and to connect with Route 7 at University and Lancaster.
*Extend Route 5a – Evans to serve a portion of James Avenue, Southcrest Drive, and Townsend Drive on some trips.
Written or oral comments may be submitted at the hearing, or until October 31 via email to Tboard@the-t.com or in writing to The T, 1600 E. Lancaster Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76102, attention Detra Whitmore.
Source: The T
See more stories in:
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Fort Worth's Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. wins awards for original Texas whiskey
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition extended to April 28 in Fort Worth
- Restaurant review: Experience the art of cheese at Magnolia Cheese Company
- Male Rat Terrier mix lost in Fort Worth