Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Nine north Texas businesses honored for positively affecting community and economy
Among them was the new AT&T Performing Arts Center, which received the "community catalyst" award.
DALLAS Nine Dallas area companies and organizations were honored at the Dallas Regional Chamber's Momentum Awards at the W Dallas Victory Hotel.
Awards were presented to the following:
* AT&T received the corporate location award. The corporate location award is presented to a company that has located its headquarters to the Dallas area from outside of the region.
* United Supermarkets, L.L.C. received the award for corporate location-other facility award for its new regional office in Frisco. The corporate location-other facility award is given to a company that has opened or expanded a manufacturing, distribution, office or call center, or other facility in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
* Huawei Technologies (USA) was presented with the national employment growth award for increasing their national employment numbers by 120%. Based in Plano, Huawei Technologies (USA) is a telecom solutions provider focused on building long-term partnerships with telecom operators
* Lockheed Martin received the local employment growth by number award for adding 179 new positions to the region. Grand Prairie based Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control designs, develops, and manufactures aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries.
* Omni Hotels, a luxury hotel chain headquartered in Irving, was awarded the local employment growth by percentage award for its 35% increase in its local employee numbers.
* Methodist Health System received the community investor award for its expansion of medical facilities in the Dallas region. The community investor award is presented to a company or organization that makes a major financial commitment to the regional economy or strengthens the regional economic development infrastructure. Methodist Health System facilities provide an economic impact of almost $300 million to the region.
* The AT&T Performing Arts Center, a new multi-venue center for music, opera, theatre, and dance received the community catalyst award. This award recognizes a major investment, project, or effort that will yield additional growth and positive economic change. The new facility solidifies Dallas as a world class city and leader in the arts.
* The Frisco Independent School District received the workforce catalyst award for its CATE (Career and Technology Education) Center. The workforce catalyst award is a presented to a company or organization that strengthens and prepares the workforce through education and/or innovative programming. The CATE Center provides students with an innovative, visionary approach to education in a state-of the-art facility with real world learning spaces and equipment.
* The BioCenter at Southwestern Medical District was the recipient of the technology catalyst award. The technology catalyst award is presented to a company or organization working to develop and encourage new technology that yields economic growth. The BioCenter will develop UT Southwestern technologies to the point of commercialization and provide commercial space for existing or start-up life-science companies.
* Momentum Award finalists include: Accudata Technologies, Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Inc., Ambit Energy, American Communications, Atmos Energy, Aztec Systems, Inc., Corgan Associates, Inc., Direct Energy, E-Rewards Market Research, Forward Air, Inc., Frisco Square, Great Wolf Lodge, HMS, Interstate Brands, JPMorgan Chase Bank, Launch Agency, Lone Star Investment Advisors, LLC, M/C/C, North Central Texas Council of Governments, North Lake Business Resource Center, Pinnacle Partners in Medicine, Pursuit of Excellence, The Real Estate Council, Senator Promotional Group USA, TECH Fort Worth, and Texas Instruments.
Established in 2003, the Momentum Awards celebrate companies and organizations that have made a positive impact on the economy through job growth and location and expansion activities. The award also honors companies and organizations that contribute to the vitality of the Dallas-Fort Worth region. Holmes Murphy and Associates is the title sponsor of the event.
The Dallas Regional Chamber promotes regional prosperity through sound public policies, focused economic development, member education, and member engagement.
Source: Dallas Regional Chamber
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas