Friday, September 4, 2009
Fort Worth ISD looks for dropouts to convince them to re-enroll in high school
The event on September 9, 10, and 12 includes phone banks and a "Prevail Walk."
The Fort Worth ISD Prevail to Graduation Walk is designed to seek out and encourage students who have not re-enrolled in school to return to the classroom. Volunteers are needed to join with district administrators, faculty, and staff members in this vital effort to help young people make the right decision about their future.
Volunteers are also needed to staff phone banks that will reach out to each non-enrolled student prior to the actual walk. Last year, the phone bank was successful in getting students back to their schools.
The phone banks will operate on Wednesday and Thursday, September 9 and 10, 2009, from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. On Saturday, September 12, 2009 schools will be open from 8 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. to re-enroll students and to provide resources to support immediate student and family needs.
Those interested in volunteering for the phone banks on September 9 and 10 and/or being on a walking team and helping students re-enroll at their schools should complete the attached form and contact Jackie August at 817-871-2911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Prevail Walk will occur at all FWISD high schools. The phone banks will take place at:
* Adult Education Building, 1066 W. Magnolia Ave., Fort Worth
* Meadowbrook Complex, 5701 Meadowbrook Drive, Fort Worth
* Wilkerson-Greines AC, 5201 C. A. Roberson Dr., Fort Worth
Source: Fort Worth ISD
See more stories in:
- Review: Dedicated hopheads braved the cold at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun