Thursday, September 10, 2009
Break a Leg! video of Spectacular Senior Follies in Dallas
Experience a senior moment at the Majestic Theater this weekend.
This is the first in a series we're calling Break a Leg! where we bring you video of a production's dress rehearsal -- because everyone loves a sneak peek.
DALLAS The Spectacular Seniors Follies, playing Sept. 11-13 at the Majestic Theater, promises to be better this year then ever. Sponsored by the Dallas Tap Dazzlers, the cast consists of 80 members from both the Men's Rotary Chorus and The Dallas Tap Dancers -- all in their "senior" years, but spry as ever.
For the first time in Spectacular Seniors Follies history, the group will be backed by a live band led by Mark Carroll on piano. The 2009 show has been trimmed down from last year's three-hour performance, to a more lively show choreographed by John de la Santos. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Visiting Nurses Association and $2.50 of each ticket sold goes to the toward the preservation of the Majestic Theater.
If you are looking for a enjoyable evening this weekend, The Spectacular Senior Follies is a must see.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling