Wednesday, September 23, 2009
City of Farmers Branch schedules day tour of town for citizens, business leaders
"Hop on the bus to find out about us!" city administrators seem to be saying.
The City of Farmers Branch is planning a bus tour around town for any interested citizen or business leader who signs up (seating limited!) by calling the Farmers Branch Chamber of Commerce at 972-243-8966.
The morning tour (from 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.) starts from City Hall and will shuttle attendees around town to see:
* The Police Department
* The Animal Adoption Center
* The Rose Garden
* Historical Park
* Liberty Plaza
* The DART station
* The Fire Department
* The Dr. Pepper Star Center
Riders will also get a look at areas where urban development will be occurring; in the course of the tour, they will get a good grasp of where the boundaries of the city lie in relation to bordering municipalities.
Here's the best part: At the end of the trip, Farmers Branch Fire Department personnel will provide lunch in the form of hot dogs and burgers. (I'm guessing that if anyone has a grasp for grillin', it's firemen and firewomen.)
posted by JM
- Dallas yogis stretch to live dubstep at "Glow-ga" rave
- No game: Dallas has the second lowest amount of sex in the U.S.
- Theater review: Firehouse Theatre's production of Nunsense was low-energy, mangled nonsense
- Man gets life term for killing 10-year-old in Carrollton
- R.L. Turner students back in class after bomb scare