Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Video: North Texas Food Bank CEO given highest honor for fighting hunger
The video shows the local organization's gratitude and genuine commitment to helping hunger.
DALLAS At the Feeding America National Conference in Austin, Jan Pruitt, president and CEO of the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB), was awarded the national organization of food bank’s highest honor given to an individual, the John van Hengel Award.
In 1967, John van Hengel created the world’s first regional food bank in Phoenix, Ariz., and his idea of a public/private food distribution network spread worldwide. He died in 2005.
North Texas Food Bank wins John van Hengel Award
Source: North Texas Food Bank
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling