Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Video: North Texas Food Bank CEO given highest honor for fighting hunger
The video shows the local organization's gratitude and genuine commitment to helping hunger.
DALLAS At the Feeding America National Conference in Austin, Jan Pruitt, president and CEO of the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB), was awarded the national organization of food bank’s highest honor given to an individual, the John van Hengel Award.
In 1967, John van Hengel created the world’s first regional food bank in Phoenix, Ariz., and his idea of a public/private food distribution network spread worldwide. He died in 2005.
North Texas Food Bank wins John van Hengel Award
Source: North Texas Food Bank
- With Dallas Farmers Market not under city control, what happens to Pecan Lodge?
- Venue review: Three Links in Deep Ellum slings craft beer in a rockin' atmosphere
- Design District's PakPao Thai Food opens June 21
- First look: Artisan shop Weekend Coffee opens Wednesday inside Joule Hotel
- Dave Chappelle headlines Oddball Comedy festival in Dallas