Thursday, August 26, 2010
Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Picking Fights on Twitter
Ever felt like expressing barbaric rage in 140 characters or less? Read on!
Donde estas su bano, hockey fans! Last week we revealed the NHL's new slate of on-ice improvements; this week, I was planning on detailing all 317 of the clauses in Ilya Kovalchuk's contract that were rejected by the NHL (#87: Replace Gary Bettman's theme music with t.A.T.u.'s "All The Things She Said"), but recent Stars-related events have turned the hockey world upside-down. I'm talking, of course, of the Cam Janssen-Krys Barch Twitter Smackdown 2010: Knuckle Duet on the Internet. Here are the 'tweets' that shocked the hockey world:
Pretty intimidating stuff. And unfortunately for civilized citizenry everywhere, it only gets worse from there. Here is the rest of their twitter conversation -- not recommended for the faint of heart, women who may be nursing, and Canucks fans.
That's it for this week's cutting-edge technology-heavy Cupcheck. Tune in next week when we break down the seven types of people in your fantasy hockey league: ProtoHolland's shockingly ineffective strategy of trying to draft a #1 goalie in the 17th round may surprise you.
See more stories in:
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Better Know an Ex-Star: Krys Barch
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Picking Fights on Twitter, Eric Godard Edition
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Picking Fights on Twitter, Sidney Crosby Edition
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Grading the 2010-11 Dallas Stars
- Thursday Morning Cupcheck - Stars For Sale, Ten Cents a Pail