Monday, December 6, 2010
Mesquite car dealership fronts extra money to send Pop Warner football team to Super Bowl
While the Southside Falcons were able to cover the costs of transportation, funds for the team’s room and board still fell short.
MESQUITE Trophy Nissan proudly offered a Dallas-based Pop Warner football team, the Southside Falcons, last-minute assistance in securing travel to Orlando, where the Falcons will compete against 64 other teams in the Pop Warner Super Bowl. While the Southside Falcons were able to cover the costs of transportation via Southwest Airlines and several private donations, funds for the team’s room and board still fell short. Trophy Nissan stepped in and agreed to pay for all of the team’s food and amenities while competing in Florida.
Trophy Nissan General Sales Manager Steve Schell explains, “When we heard that an undefeated team wouldn’t get a chance to play for the championship because of monetary issues, we felt we had to step in and help out.” He adds, “It was the right thing to do. We just want the team to have no worries and for the kids to be able to focus on bringing back the trophy to North Texas”.
Trophy Nissan is located at 635 and Galloway in Mesquite.
Source: The McCarthy Companies
- Theater review: Three sisters come to terms with betrayals in hysterical Crimes of the Heart
- Mesquite welcomes Pat Green and Kevin Fowler for 7th Annual Real Texas Festival
- Mesquite Arts Center shakes things up with new play, painting exhibition
- Chase through Balch Springs, Mesquite, and Garland ended in apparent suicide
- UPDATED: Three identified in ongoing investigation of Mesquite deaths