Tuesday, December 21, 2010
SH 114 main lanes closed tonight
The project won't be complete until March 2013, so you've got two more years of closures along that road.
IRVING Weather permitting, State Highway (SH) 114 mainlanes will be closed and traffic will be diverted onto the frontage roads between Cistercian Road and Loop 12 beginning tonight:
Tuesday, December 21 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday, December 22: East and westbound mainlanes on SH 114 will be closed to set bridge beams on the Tom Braniff U-turn bridge.
Detour: Eastbound traffic will be directed off the highway at the Cistercian Road exit and continue on the frontage road to the next entrance ramp just east of Loop 12. Westbound traffic will be directed off of the highway onto the frontage road east of Loop 12 and will re-enter SH 114 at the first entrance west of Tom Braniff prior to Cistercian Road.
These closures are necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public and workers during construction.
This is part of the $224 million project to reconstruct the Loop 12/SH 114 interchange. The project began in February 2009 and is expected to be complete in March 2013.
- Theater review: Bold, young stars sparkle in ICT Mainstage's Last Night of Ballyhoo
- Video: Insider tips for partying at the Byron Nelson Pavilion
- Theater review: Fools fails to impress despite the quality of actors and designers
- Theater review: Life struggles culminate between two policemen in A Steady Rain
- Orfeh will be special co-host at 14th annual Column Awards Gala