Sunday, December 26, 2010
You can still find hotel rooms in Arlington on Super Bowl weekend
Downtown Dallas, not so much.
ARLINGTON With Super Bowl XLV coming to Cowboys Stadium in Arlington in about a month, you're probably kicking yourself for not having reserved a hotel room by now. No worries. Vacancies have shrunk a little since the last time we reported in on this important topic, and any of your high-end hotels in Dallas -- the Mansion on Turtle Creek, the Ritz-Carlton Dallas, the Adolphus, the Magnolia, the new Aloft Downtown Dallas, Joule, ZaZa, the Anatole, the Renaissance -- have been sold out for months. But fear not: Arlington still has openings.
- All Hyatt properties are sold out, within a 30-mile radius, as they have been for weeks. Hyatt's reservation line claims the Hyatt hotels are all sold out but local Hyatts say they still have rooms.
- Some Holiday Inns including Arlington Northeast, across 30 on Wet N Wild Way, and Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arlington at Parks Mall, require that you make your reservation with a manager.
- Nearly all hotels require a 3-night minimum.
- Nearly all hotels require payment in advance.
Hotels around Arlington that still have rooms (Hotels are in Arlington unless otherwise noted.)
- America's Best Value Inn Grand Prairie. 1108 North Highway 360, Grand Prairie. 972-975-0000. Rate: $275-325.
- Admiral Hotel. 1507 North Watson Road, Arlington. 817-640-7712. Rate: $289. NOTE: About two miles from Cowboys Stadium.
- Best Western Cooper Inn & Suites. 4024 Melear Road. 817-784-9490. Rate: $224-$700. 10 miles from stadium. NOTE: They recently dropped their minimum-night-stay requirement.
- Comfort Suites DFW Airport South. 2075 North US Highway 360, Grand Prairie. 817-633-6311. Rate: $300-$340.
- Days Inn Six Flags/ Ballpark/ Cowboys Stadium. 910 North Collins 817-261-8444. Rate: $350-429. NOTE: Walking distance from the Stadium, but they charge a daily $20 parking fee.
- Days Inn Arlington. 1901 Pleasant Ridge Road. 817-557-5828. Rate: $299-$349.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arlington at Parks Mall. 1721 Pleasant Place. 817-784-8750. Rate: $449. 10 miles from the Ball Park in Arlington. NOTE: Reservations through the manager only.
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Grand Prairie. 4112 South Carrier Parkway, Grand Prairie. 972-264-4002. Rate: $450-$529.
- Howard Johnson Express Grand Prairie. 1114 East Main Street, Grand Prairie. 972-263-8851. Rate: $210-$449.
- Howard Johnson Express Inn - Arlington at Ballpark / Six Flags. 2001 East Copeland Road. 817-461-1122. Rate: $279-$329. "Walking distance" from the Ballpark at Arlington. NOTE: They'll consider dropping their minimum from four nights to three.
- Homestead Dallas/Fort Worth. 1221 North Watson Road. 817-633-7588. Rate: $205-$220. They rent by the week or month, and are 15 miles from Texas Stadium. NOTE: Won't start accepting reservations until January.
- Knights Inn Arlington. 820 North Watson Road. 817-640-5151. Rate: $424-449.
- La Quinta Inn and Suites South Grand Prairie. 2131 West I 20, Grand Prairie. 214-412-3220. Rate: $399-$499. Five miles from the stadium.
- La Quinta Inn Dallas Grand Prairie. 1410 North West 19 Street (Highway 161), Grand Prairie. 972-641-3021. Rate: $399-$406. Four miles from the stadium. NOTE: They only have the bigge$t rooms left.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington South. 4001 Scots Legacy Drive. 817-467-7745. Rate: $410. 13 miles from stadium.
- Quality Inn at Arlington. 121 East I 20. 817-467-3535. Rate: $299. Down by the Arlington Highlands center at Matlock. NOTE: They require payment 30 days in advance.
- Quality Inn and Suites Grand Prairie. 3891 South Great Southwest Parkway, Grand Prairie. 972-602-9400. Rate: $400-$599. Five miles to Six Flags, Ranger Baseball, Lone Star Park, NOTE: Only a 2-night minimum, rather than the usual 3.
- StudioPLUS Dallas-Arlington. 2420 Lamar Boulevard. 817-649-0021. Rate: $264-279. NOTE: They charge a nightly cleaning fee.
- Super 8 Motel. 2712 East Abram Street. 817-652-0917. Rate: $292-359. Two miles to Six Flags. NOTE: Only four or five rooms left.
- Concert review: Kenny Chesney offers escape from reality at laid-back Cowboys Stadium show
- Taco review: Tacos La Banqueta in Arlington
- Fast food place Go Loco to open five stores in Texas by year’s end
- UPDATED: Miniature Pinscher lost in Arlington
- Recap: XKO 15 at The Gym Combative Sports Arena in Arlington (June 2)