Thursday, February 11, 2010
Dallas-Fort Worth Valentine’s Day outings for the single and fabulous
Just because you're not in a relationship doesn't mean you can't have fun this weekend.
Not seeing hearts this Valentine’s Day? No worries -- there are things Dallas-Fort Worth chicks can to do this Valentine’s Day to ensure that you have an amazing time too. Here’s a fabulous list of fun activities and events that will take you out of the chocolate covered pits of despair and have you back on your lovely way this Single’s Awareness Day. Take that, Cupid!
1. All My Exes Burn in Texas: Why not start out your weekend with The Bitter Ball at Duke’s Original Roadhouse in Addison or Bedford? If you have been hurt recently, or just have a few of your ex's things that you are ready to get rid of, this is the perfect time to do it! Duke’s is having a fire that will let you burn those memories, as well as food and drink specials this Friday. Grab some friends and some photos and have a wonderful night!
2. My Bloody Mardi Gras: The Church (located at The Lizard Lounge) in Deep Ellum is hosting a Mardi Gras and Valentine’s Day Bash this Sunday. The doors will open at 9 p.m., and there will be complimentary champagne for women until 11 p.m. There will also be complimentary caricatures and a lot of beads, along with a variety of music presented by DJ Virus and Bill Stanley. Go out to a late dinner, and then dance the night away!
3. Spend It At The Spa: Want a more laid-back day? No problem. You can relax at a spa! Invite a friend or some family along and get the Sweetheart Package at the Grand Spa. They’re open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Valentine’s Day, and the $225 package includes white chocolate heaven or strawberries and cream, a 50 minute Swedish massage, European facial, and a shampoo and style or aromatherapy pedicure. Get your mind off of anything Valentine’s and enjoy the relaxation! Just remember to book at least a few days early for any spa that you go to. For you recessionistas looking for a little luxury on a budget, check out Facelogic’s five local locations in Fort Worth, Frisco, Murphy, Southlake, and Highland Park. They are offering a scrumptious Hugs and Kisses package with a signature facial including chocolate masque (pictured here) and lip treatment for $49. Yummo! The spas are closed Sunday so book now.
4. Girl’s Night In!: For a fun, cheaper way to celebrate yourself and those around you, host a grown-up sleepover! Have everybody come in pajamas with their favorite junk food to share! Prepare a group dinner or just order in pizza. Then make your favorite cocktails and do each other’s nails while you watch a movie, gossip, and eat. As a surprise, hand out a tiara and wand to each of your friends. You can also do this event by yourself. After all, nothing feels better than being a queen, if only for a night!
5. Build-A-Date: This event has been tested and approved! Have you ever wanted to build your perfect date? Have you ever wanted to find a person that you can snuggle with and watch movies with and listen to your every word? Well, now you can! Grab some friends and head over to Build-A-Bear at NorthPark Center in Dallas, at Firewheel Town Center in Garland, or Grapevine Mills mall. Yes, it is a children’s store, but that is half the fun. Build your perfect date, complete with tuxedo, military uniform, football jersey, or just boxers. Then you go with your friends and new dates to a movie. Sure, he can’t pay, but at least he also won’t steal all the popcorn!
6. Girl’s Best Friend: This Sunday, McKinney Main Street and the Art Institute of McKinney are hosting the 8th annual Krewe of Barkus, where owners and their doggy escorts will be dressed in their Valentine’s Day best! There will be a parade, costume contest, shopping, and a dog vendor expo. This year’s theme is Barkus Does Romance. The costume contest consists of Best Movie/TV Valentines, Best Political Valentines, Best Fairy Tale Valentines, and Best Valentines in the News. To be in the parade, you need to pre-register and pre-pay. The parade will be at 2 p.m. at Mitchell Park, just one block west of the downtown square.
Pegasus News Content partner - Chick Talk Dallas