Thursday, February 11, 2010
Snow video: Hexter School and Old Lake Highlands in Dallas
Not quite "Snowmageddon" (at least, not yet) but still a pretty impressive wintry precip event by Big D standards.
When I woke up this morning I was impressed to see that we already had snow on the ground -- the last word from Wednesday night was that the precip would start as rain and then transition to snow during the day on Thursday.
As I began to document the event (starting around 7:45, with kids heading to school at Hexter Elementary, three doors from my house), the snow just continued to fall more heavily.
The final sequence of the two-minute video was shot about 9:20 a.m., and shows ms. film guy completing construction of her first-ever (she says) snowman. Though this looks more like a snowchild, given its diminutive stature.
With snow predicted to continue through the day, I fear Anne's snowchild will end up all but buried.
Time will tell.
Snow in Dallas: February 11, 2010
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Lakewood Brewing Co. serves up tequila barrel-aged beers this weekend
- Check out the Dallas Arboretum's spring flowers for just $5
- Theater review: Come on into Echo Room, the temporary club in Bath House Cultural Center
- "Underground House" in East Dallas reduced to $870,000