Saturday, February 13, 2010
Video and photo gallery: The Great Dallas Snow of Aught-Ten
Yes, the snowpeople are almost gone. But they won't be soon forgotten.
Consider this a post-mortem if you wish, but here's my loving tribute to the soon-to-be gone (though not so quickly forgotten) Great Dallas Snow of Aught-Ten, which has entered the record books as the greatest single-day snowfall in the city's history.
(Thanks, El Niño!)
The video was taken along Van Dyke Road in Dallas, at the upper end of Norbuck Park. This unlikely sledding location was transformed by the unexpectedly robust weather event into a scene right out of -- well -- a movie that takes place somewhere that gets a lot of snow.
Eat your hearts out, Vancouverites!
Sledding and snowball-throwing mayhem at Norbuck Park in Dallas
- Theater review: Flat Stanley is rip-roaring fun for the little ones
- Photos: Happy-go-lucky crowd danced polka to Brave Combo tunes at Arboretum
- Male cat found in Lake Highlands
- Australian Shepherd lost in Casa View Haven neighborhood in Dallas
- Travel Channel names the Dallas Arboretum one of America's top 12 botanical gardens