Tuesday, January 5, 2010
TEDxSMU talk: Bobby Haas
Bobby Haas opened the conference with big-screen views of his aerial photography.
Bobby Haas at TEDxSMU
Aerial Photography – A Lofty View of What Will Change Everything:
Bobby is the author and photographer of seven photographic books, including Through the Eyes of the Gods: An Aerial Vision of Africa (2005), Through the Eyes of the Condor: An Aerial Vision of Latin America (2007), and African Critters (2008), each published by National Geographic. Since 2002, Haas has focused his artistic endeavors primarily on aerial photography in an effort to capture the grandeur and mystique of Earth’s continents from this unique perspective. Haas is chairman of the board of Haas Wheat & Partners, a Dallas-based private investment firm. The firm’s national reputation as a leading strategic investor has been established over the past few decades in a series of noteworthy acquisitions, including Dr Pepper Company and The Seven-Up Company. A graduate of Yale University and Harvard Law School, Haas has endowed professorships and been a frequent lecturer at both institutions.
Posted by Sarah
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun