Sunday, January 10, 2010
North Texas Film Critics Association announces results of member voting for best of 2009
Up in the Air takes Best Picture honors.
Ten members of the North Texas Film Critics Association (NTFCA) met at the Angelika Cafe in Dallas on Saturday for the announcement of the results of member voting for the year 2009.
President Gary Murray welcomed attendees and called the meeting to order, after which Secretary Susan Kandell Wilkofsky announced the winners, which are:
Up in the Air
Kathryn Bigelow (for The Hurt Locker)
George Clooney (for Up in the Air)
Meryl Streep (for Julie & Julia)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Christophe Waltz (for Inglourious Basterds)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Anna Kendrick (for Up in the Air)
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Following the announcement of the winners in each category, Vice President John Meyer solicited the assistance of an innocent bystander to take the group photo shown here.
Thanks to the Angelika for allowing us to meet at their facility, and also to the friendly woman who snapped the picture. (You know who you are.)
See more stories in:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun