Monday, July 12, 2010
Bar called Manhattan opening this weekend in Uptown Dallas
It's the same location as a bar that was called Manhattan a few years ago -- though they're under new management.
DALLAS The bar formerly known as Zodiac, Central Park, and Manhattan Bar at Cedar Springs and Routh in Uptown Dallas will reopen this weekend under the new/old name, Manhattan. An unidentified worker putting finishing touches on the building Monday morning said the bar is under new ownership but wants to give it a throwback to the days when it was called Manhattan Bar.
The exterior has been repainted chocolate brown and the downstairs patio has since been enclosed, giving the new bar a locked-in club feel with no windows on the front. They've replaced the entrance breezeway with two big black doors with brass door knockers on them, much like a grandiose home might have.
There won't be food served at Manhattan; it's strictly a bar/club. The bar sits right next to Mattito's.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger