Monday, July 12, 2010
Bar called Manhattan opening this weekend in Uptown Dallas
It's the same location as a bar that was called Manhattan a few years ago -- though they're under new management.
DALLAS The bar formerly known as Zodiac, Central Park, and Manhattan Bar at Cedar Springs and Routh in Uptown Dallas will reopen this weekend under the new/old name, Manhattan. An unidentified worker putting finishing touches on the building Monday morning said the bar is under new ownership but wants to give it a throwback to the days when it was called Manhattan Bar.
The exterior has been repainted chocolate brown and the downstairs patio has since been enclosed, giving the new bar a locked-in club feel with no windows on the front. They've replaced the entrance breezeway with two big black doors with brass door knockers on them, much like a grandiose home might have.
There won't be food served at Manhattan; it's strictly a bar/club. The bar sits right next to Mattito's.
- Theater reviews: Anglophiles, especially, will love Less Than Kind at Theatre Three
- Review: Don't miss brunch at Kitchen LTO in Trinity Groves
- Before Miley's Dallas concert: She promises "every show is going to be different"
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April