Thursday, July 15, 2010
Jump out of a plane in your underwear Saturday with Skydive Dallas
They hope the first Lingerie Jump will become a tradition.
Sky divers from across the nation will be at Skydive Dallas this Saturday for the first Lingerie Jump in Whitewright, Texas. Yes, men and women will be jumping out of planes in their boxers and lace panties. What’s more, “going above and beyond” with the racy theme is encouraged, says Michelle Nirumandrad, event coordinator.
The jump is at 7:30 p.m. Saturday July 17. Half-naked jumpers that want to participate should show up around 5 p.m. to go through safety checks – like making sure the parachute is packed right and that the harness doesn’t interfere with the barely-there outfit. Everyone is expected to jump together, so on-lookers from the ground will see a minimum of 30 people fall from the sky wearing nothing but their underwear.
If jumping out of an airplane is not your thing, after the jump, Skydive Dallas will be hosting a lingerie party. There will be beer available, but it is BYOB.
Skydive Dallas hopes to turn this first lingerie jump into a tradition. “We are all about having fun and doing something silly,” says Nirumandrad.
Check back soon for photos and video of jumpers in-action.
Skydive Dallas video
- DISH serves brunch with some fierce ladies at this Sunday's drag brunch
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair