Monday, July 19, 2010 , Updated 12:00 a.m., July 23, 2010
Dallas man to fly to North Pole on Friday
What does Santa do in the summertime, do you think?
DALLAS A 61-year-old man from Dallas is leaving Dallas Executive Airport on Friday (where there's a new restaurant going in) and flying to the North Pole. Wayne Maynard is going alone and raising money for Grace Flight, an organization that he became involved with when his brother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer. The group, headquartered in Addison, offers free air transportation for those with medical issues. Maynard hopes that his 7,000-mile journey will inspire pilots, who can volunteer to join the group. He's also raising money for the cause.
Maynard will journal his experiences on a blog. He will be gone for 7 days.
- North Texas Food Bank may be short on funds, but also full of hope
- UPDATED: Amber Alert issued for 16-year-old Aron Jones
- 6 unbelievable moments from TLC's Dallas-based Best Funeral Ever
- Premiere of Dallas-based Best Funeral Ever delayed after Connecticut massacre
- Affordable home of the week: 810 Green Hill Road in Dallas