Monday, June 14, 2010
Best attraction in Dallas-Fort Worth: Fort Worth Zoo
No dust gathering at Texas' oldest zoo.
Winner: Fort Worth Zoo
Where: 1989 Colonial Parkway, Fort Worth 76110
Which best list got it nominated?: FW Magazine
Winning percentage of vote: 39.2%
Why: Texas' oldest zoo has kept up with the times by constantly adding to and refreshing its collection, starting with a major overhaul that began in the nineties, and continues with the opening of a new herpetarium.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas