Monday, June 14, 2010
Best attraction in Dallas-Fort Worth: Fort Worth Zoo
No dust gathering at Texas' oldest zoo.
Winner: Fort Worth Zoo
Where: 1989 Colonial Parkway, Fort Worth 76110
Which best list got it nominated?: FW Magazine
Winning percentage of vote: 39.2%
Why: Texas' oldest zoo has kept up with the times by constantly adding to and refreshing its collection, starting with a major overhaul that began in the nineties, and continues with the opening of a new herpetarium.
- Totally RAWsome photos of WWE Raw in Fort Worth
- Several DFW bands announced for Dia de los Toadies in Fort Worth
- Get it twisted: Indigo Yoga's summer challenge offers free classes, rewards
- Theater review: Technophiles must flock to Amphibian Stage Production's The Agony and the Ecstacy of Steve Jobs
- Opera review: Fort Worth Opera's world premiere of Glory Denied proves a haunting and evocative tribute to the Vietnam era