Monday, June 14, 2010
Best Cajun in Dallas-Fort Worth: Alligator Cafe
They make their own root beer.
Winner: Alligator Cafe
Where: 4416 Live Oak Street in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: Dallas Observer
Winning percentage of vote: 39.6%
Why: Chef Ivan Pugh really cares about the gumbo, fried catfish, fried shrimp, po' boys, and muffalettas he makes, and that counts for a lot. The bread pudding is wonderful and last but not least, they make their own root beer.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy