Monday, June 14, 2010
Best Cajun in Dallas-Fort Worth: Alligator Cafe
They make their own root beer.
Winner: Alligator Cafe
Where: 4416 Live Oak Street in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: Dallas Observer
Winning percentage of vote: 39.6%
Why: Chef Ivan Pugh really cares about the gumbo, fried catfish, fried shrimp, po' boys, and muffalettas he makes, and that counts for a lot. The bread pudding is wonderful and last but not least, they make their own root beer.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas now open
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling