Monday, June 14, 2010
Best place to get cocktails in Dallas-Fort Worth: Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Nice pick: Our PegNews readers are fancy!
Winner: The bar at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Where: 2821 Turtle Creek Blvd. in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: DMN
Winning percentage of vote: 17.4%
Why: Though The Mansion is well-loved in Dallas for its fine dining, the bar is a swanky chic spot for the after-work crowd. The bar of course has live music and yummy food, but its real draw is the cocktails. Take this $15 mixer called The Bear and The Dragon: "basil and strawberry-infused vodka with ginger liqueur and pink peppercorns that breathe fire." So sophisticated.
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday