Monday, June 14, 2010
Best garden in Dallas-Fort Worth: Fort Worth Botanic Gardens
Biggest + oldest = best.
Winner: Fort Worth Botanic Garden
Where: 3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard, Fort Worth
Which best list got it nominated?: Fort Worth Magazine and FW Weekly
Winning percentage of vote: 53.2%
Why: Texas' oldest botanic garden is its best, with 2,501 species across 21 specialty gardens including a massive Conservatory.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- South Korean transplant expands “Seoul-searching” dance group to Dallas