Monday, June 14, 2010
Best happy hour in Dallas-Fort Worth: JR’s Bar and Grill
Major win for this local gay bar.
Winner: JR's Bar and Grill
Where: 3923 Cedar Springs Road in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: Dallas Voice
Winning percentage of vote: 21.9%
Why: Known as one of the most popular gay bars in town (in fact, it was a runner-up in our Best Gay Bar category), JR's has a ton of specials every night. Let's say you want a beverage on a sleepy Monday. You'll find $1 schnapps tooters, jello shots, and cherry bombs; $2 domestic draft and wells; and $3 domestic longnecks. The question becomes: Why not drink on a Monday?
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas