Monday, June 14, 2010
Best honky-tonk in Dallas-Fort Worth: Adair’s
It's the real thing, and still going strong.
Where: 2624 Commerce Street, Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: D Magazine, Citysearch
Winning percentage of vote: 51.8%
Why: Adair's has so much going for it, it's hard to know where to start. Classic honky-tonk atmosphere, impeccable selection of live real country bands, and some of the best burgers around. And the beer is insanely cold.
Runners-up: Billy Bob's, Last Chance Saloon (write-in)
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger