Monday, June 14, 2010
Best honky-tonk in Dallas-Fort Worth: Adair’s
It's the real thing, and still going strong.
Where: 2624 Commerce Street, Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: D Magazine, Citysearch
Winning percentage of vote: 51.8%
Why: Adair's has so much going for it, it's hard to know where to start. Classic honky-tonk atmosphere, impeccable selection of live real country bands, and some of the best burgers around. And the beer is insanely cold.
Runners-up: Billy Bob's, Last Chance Saloon (write-in)
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre