Monday, June 14, 2010
Best museum in Dallas-Fort Worth: Kimbell Art Museum
A world-renowned collection.
Winner: Kimbell Art Museum
Where: 3333 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth
Which best list got it nominated?: WFAA
Winning percentage of vote: 33.6%
Why: While The DMA and the Nasher made a strong showing too, no other single local collection holds a candle to the Kimbell. And it's the only place anywhere to see Michelangelo's first known work.
- Theater review: Woman in Black keeps audiences on edge
- Jack FM hosts beer, bourbon and barbecue festival in Fort Worth
- Amon Carter acquires "destination" portrait by American painter John Singer Sargent
- Theater review: Circle Theatre mounts a shocking and absurdly funny Exit, Pursued by a Bear
- Chef Tim Love: Despite Lonesome Dove fire, "we will reopen stronger"