Monday, June 14, 2010
Best music venue in Dallas-Fort Worth: The Granada Theater
Year in-and-out, you can't beat the roster of shows, the sound and the vibe.
Winner: Granada Theater
Where: 3524 Greenville Avenue, Dallas 75206
Which best list got it nominated?: Dallas Observer and WFAA
Winning percentage of vote: 30.3%
Why: There are a lot of competitors in this category, but The Granada is head-and-shoulders above the rest, one of the things that makes Dallas special. You know you're in more than just an old theater when you see the "Love Yourself" sign. The Granada has great sound; a good mix of locals and touring acts; staff who actually seem happy to be at work; and an improving snack menu.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling