Monday, June 14, 2010
Best place to buy chocolate in Dallas-Fort Worth: Chocolate Secrets
Chocolate in all sorts of formats, from gifts to eats.
Winner: Chocolate Secrets
Where: 3926 Oak Lawn Avenue in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: WFAA
Winning percentage of vote: 32.5%
Why: Chocolate Secrets is part chocolate store, part wine bar, part cafe, and part gift shop, but the defining theme is chocolate. They offer truffles, imported chocolates from Europe, hot chocolate, and wine pairings -- with chocolate, of course.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015