Monday, June 14, 2010
Best place to buy chocolate in Dallas-Fort Worth: Chocolate Secrets
Chocolate in all sorts of formats, from gifts to eats.
Winner: Chocolate Secrets
Where: 3926 Oak Lawn Avenue in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: WFAA
Winning percentage of vote: 32.5%
Why: Chocolate Secrets is part chocolate store, part wine bar, part cafe, and part gift shop, but the defining theme is chocolate. They offer truffles, imported chocolates from Europe, hot chocolate, and wine pairings -- with chocolate, of course.
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million
- Comedy review: Hilarious men of Whose Live Anyway? heckle Dallas with raunchy improv