Monday, June 14, 2010
Best sports bar in Dallas-Fort Worth: Frankie’s
It's my go-to spot for any big sports game.
Winner: Frankie's Sports Bar and Grill
Where: 3227 McKinney Avenue in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: WFAA
Winning percentage of vote: 38.9%
Why: Because of the massive crowds that infiltrate Frankie's in Uptown on any given sports occasion, the wait staff "assigns" their televisions to a strict schedule. No matter where you sit, there are a dozen televisions within eyeshot, and the crowd's bound to be rowdy. It's nearly impossible to get a table for the Texas-OU game or big Mavericks games, but you'll be glad you did when you're seated in front of a bucket of cold beer and a room of screaming fans.
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger