Monday, June 14, 2010
Best sports bar in Dallas-Fort Worth: Frankie’s
It's my go-to spot for any big sports game.
Winner: Frankie's Sports Bar and Grill
Where: 3227 McKinney Avenue in Dallas
Which best list got it nominated?: WFAA
Winning percentage of vote: 38.9%
Why: Because of the massive crowds that infiltrate Frankie's in Uptown on any given sports occasion, the wait staff "assigns" their televisions to a strict schedule. No matter where you sit, there are a dozen televisions within eyeshot, and the crowd's bound to be rowdy. It's nearly impossible to get a table for the Texas-OU game or big Mavericks games, but you'll be glad you did when you're seated in front of a bucket of cold beer and a room of screaming fans.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy