Monday, June 14, 2010
Best taqueria in Dallas-Fort Worth: Taco Joint
While a few jokers tried to ruin the fun (multiple write-in votes for Taco Bell -- seriously?), voters felt Taco Joint's food lived up to its name.
Winner: Taco Joint
Where: 911 North Peak Street, Dallas, 75204
Which best list got it nominated?: D Magazine, Dallas Observer
Winning percentage of vote: 22.05%
Why: This East Dallas gem gets high marks for its breakfast and brisket tacos, especially if you start off with the queso, pico de gallo, ground beef, and guacamole combo nicknamed "The Disaster."
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday