Monday, June 14, 2010
Best taqueria in Dallas-Fort Worth: Taco Joint
While a few jokers tried to ruin the fun (multiple write-in votes for Taco Bell -- seriously?), voters felt Taco Joint's food lived up to its name.
Winner: Taco Joint
Where: 911 North Peak Street, Dallas, 75204
Which best list got it nominated?: D Magazine, Dallas Observer
Winning percentage of vote: 22.05%
Why: This East Dallas gem gets high marks for its breakfast and brisket tacos, especially if you start off with the queso, pico de gallo, ground beef, and guacamole combo nicknamed "The Disaster."
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger