Monday, June 14, 2010
Best taqueria in Dallas-Fort Worth: Taco Joint
While a few jokers tried to ruin the fun (multiple write-in votes for Taco Bell -- seriously?), voters felt Taco Joint's food lived up to its name.
Winner: Taco Joint
Where: 911 North Peak Street, Dallas, 75204
Which best list got it nominated?: D Magazine, Dallas Observer
Winning percentage of vote: 22.05%
Why: This East Dallas gem gets high marks for its breakfast and brisket tacos, especially if you start off with the queso, pico de gallo, ground beef, and guacamole combo nicknamed "The Disaster."
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy