Monday, June 14, 2010
Dallas Republican State Rep. candidate Stefani Carter accused of plagiarizing Obama stump speech
Are the marked similarities coincidental or otherwise?
A new web video released by the group features Carter, a former Collin County prosecutor running to unseat state Rep. Carol Kent, D-Dallas, giving a speech that — at least in this short portion — hits the same notes as a section of President Obama's 2004 Democratic National Convention speech.
It's true that both candidates reached their current perch from humbler beginnings. The question is: Are the marked similarities in the way they raise that rhetorically coincidental or otherwise?
We have a call in to Carter's campaign and will update if she responds. In the meantime, here's the video:
Stefani Carter — plagiarizing Obama?
Pegasus News Content partner - The Texas Tribune
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas